WordPress.org class is coming to New York City on January 20-21
These past couple months, I have been working with Noble Desktop to complete a new course on creating WordPress themes. WordPress is a powerful blogging platform and content management system. This course will help give you the ability to design, develop and deliver websites that are easy to manage. Perfect for web designers who want a custom blog or that want to create websites that their clients can manage on their own.
Some of the topics covered:
- Getting to know the WordPress file structure
- Modifying an existing theme
- Adding a blog to an existing site
- Creating a custom blog theme
- Converting an HTML mock-up
- The WordPress “Loop”
- Making an advanced website theme
- Adding a custom loop for featured content
- Using custom fields
- Adding a contact form
- Using plugins to optimize your site
- Uploading the completed site and database
The 12 hour intensive course will cover topics ranging from modifying existing themes to creating your own from scratch. This course is designed for people who are already familiar with HTML and CSS. Knowledge of PHP is a plus, but is not required to take this class.
Intro to Blogging Class
On, January 19th I will also be teaching a class on WordPress.com. This class is geared for anyone and everyone, no experience with computer graphics or coding is required! At the completion of the course you will have a fully functioning blog, web address and the skills required to run it. No HTML or CSS knowledge required to take this class.